Best Ever Curried Sausages
8 thick beef sausages
2 tablespoons oil
2 large onions, thickly sliced
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons coriander
1 ½ teaspoons turmeric
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1-2 red chillies, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups water
½ cup coconut milk
250ml PHILADELPHIA Light Cream for Cooking, cream alternative
2 sliced carrots
½ Cup of peas
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 cup coriander leaves
Mashed Potato or steamed rice for serving
1. PLACE the sausages in a large frying pan and cook gently until golden brown. Cool and cut into 1cm diagonal slices (optional).
2. HEAT the oil in a saucepan and sauté the onion for 4-5 minutes or until softened. Add the spices, garlic and chilli and cook gently for a further 1-2minutes until fragrant.
3. STIR in the water, coconut milk, carrot and sausages, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. STIR through the PHILLY, peas and sugar and cook a further 2-3 minutes until well heated then toss through half the coriander.
5. SPOON over mashed potato or rice and garnish with remaining coriander leaves. Serve immediately.