Golden Coconut Truffles
Prep: 5 mins Chill time: 30 mins Total time: 35 mins
Original Author: unboundwellness
Recipe type: Vegan, Gluten & Nut Free
Serves: 10-12 Balls
- 1 cup coconut butter(also called coconut cream concentrate or coconut mana)
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut+ 1/2 tsp for topping
- 1 tbsp coconut milk (or water)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Add the coconut butter and the shredded coconut to a mixing bowl and stir well to combine. You want the coconut butter to be softened (but not melted), so depending on the consistency of yours, heat it in a double boiler over the stove if needed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Begin rolling the dough into balls and place onto a plate lined with baking paper.
- If desired, sprinkle about 1/2 tsp of shredded coconut on top of the bites.
- Put the turmeric bites into the refrigerator and chill for a minimum of 30 minutes, or in the freezer for more of a bite.
- Remove from the fridge and enjoy! Note that these are best enjoyed cold.