Ginger & Turmeric Bar w/ Lemon Cream
Prep time: 20 mins Freeze time: Overnight
Original Author: uncoventionalbaker
Recipe Type: Gluten & Dairy Free
Cuisine: Snack or Dessert
- 6 tbsp coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut butter slightly warmed/softened for easier blending
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp lemon extract
- ¼ cup coconut butter, slightly warmed / soft for easier blending
- ½ cup plant milk of your choice
- ¼ cup agave
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- ⅛ tsp poppy seeds, crushed pineapple chips
- Combine all yellow layer ingredients in a food processor.
- Transfer this mixture to a lined Tupperware container, baking dish or pan (8″ x 4″ would be ideal). Press down into an even layer.
- Cover with a small piece of baking paper and press down once again with a flat-bottomed object to make sure that layer is smooth.
- Remove the baking paper from the top and place the dish in the freezer while working on the next step.
- Clean out the food processor (so there’s no discolouration of the white layer).
- Process all white layer ingredients until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the yellow layer in the pan.
- Allow to sit a minute, then sprinkle and decorate with toppings (if using). Note: if your mixture is too warmed up (very liquid), the poppy seeds might sink in a bit, so if that’s the case best to chill the pan for 15-20 mins first, then sprinkle with the toppings.
- Freeze for 5 hours or overnight for the bars to set. Trim off uneven edges and slice into bars and enjoy!
Keep leftovers frozen.