Ginger Turmeric Vanilla Cookies
Prep: 10 mins Cook time: 15 mins Total time: 25 mins
Original Author: Nest&Glow.com
Recipe type: Vegan Friendly
Serves: 16 Cookies
For the Cookie
- 3 Bananas
- 1½ cups ground Oats
- 2 tbsp ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp Turmeric
- pinch of Salt
For the Icing
- 3/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 2 tbsp Sweetener such as maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Coconut oil, (optional – sub with extra water)
- a splash of water for blending
- a sprinkle of Turmeric to top with
- Mix all the dry cookie ingredients together.
- Mash the bananas with a fork and then mix with the dry ingredients.
- Spoon onto a baking tray, try to make them the same size and a roughly round shape.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 12 – 15 mins until they start to get a bit of colour.
You will smell a banana caramelly smell when they are cooked.
- Blend all the icing ingredients together.
- Place in the freezer for 5 mins to firm up.
- Ice the cookies and then sprinkle with a pinch turmeric.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy within three days.