Prep: 10 mins Cook time: 25 mins Total time: 35 mins
Original Author: Niki | rebelrecipes.com
Recipe type: Gluten Free & Vegan-Friendly
Serves: 10-12 Biscuits
- ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 cups organic gluten-free oats
- ½ cup mixed seeds (eg: sunflower, pumpkin, linseed, sesame)
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 knob fresh ginger – grated
- 1 tsp fresh turmeric grated or 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut honey (or maple syrup/rice malt syrup)
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 160C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Melt the coconut oil in a saucepan (low heat) and then pour into a separate bowl, add in the banana’s, coconut honey, almond butter, fresh ginger, and turmeric – mix to combine everything.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to combine everything.
- Shape the mix into balls and pop them onto a lined baking tray.
- Bake for approx. 20-25 minutes until slightly brown on the outside.