Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls
Prep: 10 mins Cook time: nil Total time: 10 mins
Original Author: Natalie | natalieshealth.com
Recipe type: Raw & Vegan Friendly
Serves: 24 Balls
- 12 dates
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
- ½ cup shredded coconut for dusting
- Remove the pits from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
- Add the other ingredients to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls. Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet.
- Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
Keep the energy balls frozen up to 3 months in the freezer.