Turmeric Garlic Prawns
Prep: 5 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total time: 10 mins
Original Author: skinnytaste
Recipe type: Gluten Free
Cuisine: Lunch or Dinner
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 limes, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- ½ head red cabbage, shredded (12 oz total)
- 1 mango, julienned
- ¼ small red onion, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander, divided
- 28 large prawns, peeled & cleaned
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ¾ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cumin
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil, juice of 1 lime, 3/4 tsp of the salt and pepper. Toss with the cabbage, red onion, mango and 1 tbsp fresh coriander.
- Combine prawns with the remaining salt, turmeric, crushed red pepper flakes and cumin.
- In a large deep non-stick pan over medium-high heat, add ½ tsp of olive oil, and cook half of the prawns 1 ½ to 2 minutes on each side, until prawns are cooked through and opaque. Set aside, add the remaining ½ tsp of oil and remaining prawns and cook until prawns are cooked through and opaque.
- Return all the prawns to the pan, stir in crushed garlic. Remove from heat, squeeze lime over prawns and toss with coriander.
- Divide the salad (about 1 ¼ cups) and prawns between 4 plates.
Can be served with a creamy Turmeric Tahini dressing:
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- several grinds of fresh black pepper
- salt to taste