Turmeric Ginger Cookies
Prep: 10 min Cook: 12 min Total: 22 min
Original Author | jessiskitchen
Recipe type: Dairy Free
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine the almond butter and sugar in a bowl and mix with a hand or electric mixture until combined
- Add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and mix.
- Add the ginger, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda and salt and mix. Don’t not overmix
- Next add the shredded coconut and nuts and mix until just combined.
- Batter will be thick but not crumbly. If too crumbly beat it longer and release the oils from the almond butter.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and place on baking tray. Slightly flatten the top of the cookie. Repeat until dough is gone.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.