Turmeric Golden Milk
You will first need to make up some Turmeric Paste before making your Golden Milk.
Turmeric Paste Recipe
- 1/2 Cup of organic turmeric powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Cup ﬁltered water
- 1/3 Cup raw coconut oil
- Place turmeric and water in a pan, stirring over a gentle heat until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes and you may need to add additional water along the way.
- Add the freshly ground pepper and oil AT THE END of cooking. Stir well (a whisk is ideal) to incorporate the oil and allow to cool.
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 Cup milk
(almond, coconut, or organic cow’s milk)
- 1 Teaspoon raw organic coconut oil
- ¼ Teaspoon turmeric paste
(more can be added for personal taste preference)
- Sweeten with honey
- Combine all ingredients except honey in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly.
- When completely blended and hot (but not boiling) remove from heat and add honey to taste, stirring until dissolved.