Turmeric & Mango Vegan Cheesecake
Prep time: 30 mins Set time: Overnight Total time: 12+ hours
Recipe Type: Vegan, Dairy & Gluten Free
- 1¼ cups almonds*
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¾ cup dates
- Zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 ½ cups cashews (soaked 2 hours, drained, and rinsed)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut oil (melted)
- Juice and flesh of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups mango flesh (fresh if possible, chopped)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- To make the base, blend almonds and shredded coconut in a food processor until well chopped but still with some chunky texture.
- Add dates one by one while motor is still running. Then add remaining base ingredients and blend until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 20cm spring form cake tin with the base of the tin lined with baking paper. Press the mixture down with a spatula until firm and flat. Place in the freezer to firm.
- Blend all the filling ingredients, except mango and turmeric, in a food processor or blender until completely smooth, scraping down the inside of the food processor a few times to remove lumps. The mixture should be completely smooth like a thick cream.
- Pour half of the cream mixture into a bowl and set aside. Then, add the mango and turmeric to the remaining cream mixture in the blender, and process until well combined.
- Remove base from freezer and, using one quarter of the plain cream mixture, dollop generous spoonful’s on top of the base.
- Repeat this with dollops of one quarter of the mango mixture, then continue layering in this way until both mixtures have been used up.
- Using a chopstick, swirl figure-eight patterns through the mixture to create a swirling effect between the two creams. Don’t over-swirl or you will end up with a completely light orange cheesecake.
- Place in the freezer overnight. An hour before you want to serve it, remove from the tin and place in the fridge. This helps to maintain its lovely firm texture, like an Italian semi-freddo.
You can also slice the cake and return to the freezer in individual slices to remove from the freezer as you need
Original Image & Recipe| begoodorganics