PREP TIME: 5 mins COOK TIME: 5 mins TOTAL TIME: 10 mins
Original Author: Lynn Hoefer | heavenlynnhealthy.com
Recipe type: Gluten & Lactose Free
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 5 cups of (gluten free) oat milk
- the juice of 1 orange
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ¼ teaspoon of ginger powder
- 3 tablespoons of sliced almonds
- 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- A pinch of salt
- Honey or maple syrup to sweeten
- Start by adding the oats and oat milk to a pot and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Add the spices and orange juice and stir frequently. If it gets too dry, add more orange juice or oat milk.
- Finally add the honey or maple syrup if desired.
- Roast the almond slices in a small saucepan without oil until they turn slightly golden brown.
- Pour the turmeric porridge into two bowls and garnish with the blueberries, and almond slices. If you use frozen berries, heat them up in a saucepan before stirring them in.