Lemon Turmeric Energy Balls
|Prep / Cook / Total||10 / nil / 10min|
|Recipe type||Raw & Vegan|
• 12 dates
• 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
• ½ cup almonds
• 1 tablespoon chia seeds
• 4 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon lemon zest
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
• ½ cup shredded coconut for dusting
- Remove the pips from dates and soak them in hot water for several minutes. When the dates are softened, drain them and place in food processor. Save the water.
- Add the other ingredients to a food processor and blend until mixture turns into a dough-like consistency. Add 1 tablespoon of water in which you have soaked the dates if the mixture is too dry.
- With the small spoon scoop the mixture and roll into balls.
- Roll the balls in shredded coconut and place on the baking sheet.Store energy balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator until serving.
Keep the energy balls frozen up to 3 months in the freezer.