Orange turmeric cake
|Prep / Cook / Total||10 / 70 / 80min|
• 250g butter
• 1 1/4 cups sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 20g turmeric, finely grated
• 200g almond meal
• 1 cup polenta
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 2 oranges – zested and juiced
• 1/2 cup of thick Greek yoghurt
• 1/2 cup icing sugar
• Orange zest to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC. Line a 20cm round baking tin with baking paper OR butter and coat with a layer of polenta.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar till pale. Add one egg at a time mixing until combined, then add the yoghurt
and turmeric, stir to combine. Fold the almond meal, polenta and baking powder through. Add the juice and zest from the oranges, stir to combine.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Turn out the cake after five minutes of cooling. Allow the cake to completely cool for
an hour before icing.
- To make the icing combine the yoghurt and icing sugar and spread over the top of the cake, garnish with