Turmeric Fish with Pita and Tomato Jam
|Cuisine||Lunch or Dinner|
- 1 tbs light olive oil
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 500g firm white fish fillets, cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 pita breads
- Baby Spinach leaves, to serve
Tomato Jam Ingredients
- 5 truss tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- 100g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 60ml (1/4 cup) apple cider vinegar
- Pinch dried chilli flakes, optional
- Combine the oil, fish sauce, garlic, chopped dill, turmeric and lots of black pepper in a glass bowl. Add the fish and turn to coat. Cover. Place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Meanwhile, to make the tomato jam, combine the tomato, onion, ginger, sugar, vinegar and chilli in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 35 minutes or until reduced and jam-like.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add fish mixture and cook, turning gently, for 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Warm the bread following the packet directions. Top with spinach and fish. Drizzle with tomato jam.