Ribbon & Chickpea Salad with Turmeric Dressing
|Prep / Cook / Total||5 / 10 / 15min|
- 5-6 medium carrots (rainbow if possible)
- 3 beetroots
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- a bunch of fresh coriander
- 2 tbs turmeric powder (or 35ml Original Bio-Fermented Turmeric liquid)
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 garlic clove – finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- pinch of salt
- splash of fresh lemon juice
- Mix the dressing ingredients (minus the lemon juice) and set to the side
- Use a veggie peeler to create thin ribbons of carrot, beetroot, and cucumber
- Toast and roughly chop the almonds.
- Assemble the salad, by mixing vegetable ribbons, chickpeas, and a handful of chopped coriander, drizzle the dressing generously on top and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.
- Add a splash of fresh lemon juice and salt if necessary.