Turmeric and Chilli Squid Salad
|Cuisine||Lunch or Dinner|
- 1kg cleaned squid tubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 120g Baby Spinach
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 1 garlic clove, extra, crushed
- Cut each squid tube in half lengthways. Use a sharp knife to score one side of squid in a diamond pattern. Cut each piece in half lengthways.
- Combine the squid, oil, turmeric, garlic, and chilli in a large bowl. Cover and place in the fridge for 1 hour to develop the flavours.
- Heat a barbecue flat plate or chargrill on high. Cook the squid for 3 mins each side or until browned and cooked through. Cut the squid into smaller pieces.
- Combine the squid, spinach, onion, mint and parsley in a large bowl. Combine the extra oil, lemon juice, sweet chilli sauce and extra garlic in a bowl. Add to the squid salad and toss to coat. Season to serve.