Turmeric ‘Cadbury’ Creme Eggs
Recipe by: Jennafer Ashley
Looking for a sweet treat? Bite into these guilt-free copycat Cadbury cream eggs.
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small bowls
- Double boiler
- ⅓ cup coconut butter
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 T raw honey
- ½ t turmeric
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 t coconut oil
- Pinch of black pepper
- Combine the coconut butter, almond butter, and raw honey in a small bowl. Stir to mix.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and add to a separate bowl. Stir in the turmeric. Place both bowls in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the tan mixture into your hand and roll into a small ball. Gently flatten, then spoon a ½ teaspoon of the turmeric mixture into the center. Wrap the tan mixture around it and roll into a ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Place the eggs on a plate lined with parchment paper and return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler. Stir in the black pepper. Remove from the heat and spoon the melted chocolate over each egg.
- Return to the freezer to set for 5 minutes, then enjoy!