Turmeric Roasted Carrots
|Prep / Cook / Total||5 / 45 / 50min|
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 1 clove garlic diced
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 2-inch ginger diced
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g tomatoes quartered
- 300g sweet potato 2-inch cubes
- 100g green beans
- 100g broccoli
- 100g frozen peas
- 15g fresh coriander
- Optional – Can be made with your favourite protein as well.
- In a deep pan add the coconut oil, white onion, garlic, turmeric, cumin, garam masala and ginger and sauté on a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the spices are completely coating the rest and starting to dry out.
- Add the coconut milk, chopped tomatoes, and leave on a medium heat with the lid on for 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato and leave with the lid on for another 7 minutes.
- Take the lid off and add the green beans, broccoli, and peas and leave for 3 minutes until they become soft.
- Take off the heat when all vegetables are soft and stir in the fresh coriander.
- Serve with brown rice and garnish with coriander.