WATCH VIDEO: How to make Turmeric Paste
- 1 cup water (PLUS 1 cup water in reserve, if needed)
- 1/2 cup turmeric powder
- 1/3 cup cold pressed coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Place turmeric and water in pan, stirring over gentle heat until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes and you may need to add additional water along the way.
- Add the freshly ground pepper and oil AT THE END of cooking. Stir well (a whisk is ideal) to incorporate the oil and allow to cool.
- You can leave out the pepper if you cannot tolerate it. The absorption of turmeric will still be improved by cooking the paste AND by the inclusion of oil, BUT remember it will be less effective without the pepper.
- The Golden Paste will keep for 2 weeks, refrigerated
- Freeze a portion if you think you have too much to use within two weeks.
Use for golden milk, smoothies, stir into yoghurt, add to your dinner plate as a condiment… AND don’t forget your pet’s dinner plate or your horse feed … run wild!
(Originally sourced from: http://www.turmericlife.com.au/turmeric-recipes-golden-paste/)
Buy Organic Turmeric Powder
Turmeric Paste for Humans
Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years and for good reason, its mainstream popularity has spiked in the last three years. Studies have shown that Turmeric aids in digestion, works as an anti-parasitic, has anti-bacterial properties and of course, is a powerful inflammation fighter.
Not only is making Turmeric Paste easy, there are many ways you can incorporate it into your daily diet.
1. Take it directly:
This is a popular way to enjoy your turmeric paste if you like the taste of it, take it as is, 2-3 times per day in small quantities.
2. Golden honey:
If you find the taste a little hard to swallow, add in some Manuka honey to your taste. We all the benefits of Manuka honey by now, so this is a winning combination.
3. Golden milk:
A very popular pleasant evening drink and a great winter warmer. Click HERE for the recipe
4. Salad dressing:
Adding a small turmeric paste to your favourite dressing really doesn’t alter the taste.
Try this great recipe to start, then get creative.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1/4 avocado, 1 lemon, grate 1 teaspoon of the rind and squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice, 1 tablespoon ground turmeric, 1 tablespoon raw honey, 1 minced clove of garlic, (optional) and Himalayan salt to taste. Put all ingredients a blender and blend until smooth.
Check out our latest eBook ‘Cooking with Turmeric’ for more Turmeric inspired recipes.
Buy Organic Turmeric Powder
Turmeric Paste for Animals
Turmeric has been used for over 3000 years in India and is a food spice that has long been proven very safe.
I have seen benefits in all animals in my care: dogs, humans, horses, cattle, sheep, crocodiles, reptiles, chickens, ducks, cage birds, cats, alpacas, guinea pigs, rabbits etc.
With the limited follow up opportunity that a sole practitioner has, I asked clients to post their anecdotal results on to a Facebook page called Turmeric User Group so that I could measure results. This group currently has in excess of 80,000 members and the evidence presented by the users is overwhelmingly positive as to curative and good health supporting effects of regular use of turmeric.
This has given me a huge confidence boost to increase my recommendations and I have been using it to replace or reduce the dose of hard drugs like Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatories (NSAIDS) and cortisones. It has no bad side issues and can be used in conjunction with many drugs.