Golden Milk Recipe
|Prep / Cook / Total||5 / 10 / 15min|
• 1/2 cup of organic turmeric powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1 cup filtered water
• 1/3 cup oil
Step 1. Place turmeric and water in a pan, stirring over a gentle heat until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes and you may need to add additional water along the way.
Step 2. Add the freshly ground pepper and oil AT THE END of cooking. Stir well (a whisk is ideal) to incorporate the oil and allow to cool.
• 1 cup milk (almond, coconut, or organic cow’s milk)
• 1 teaspoon raw organic coconut oil
• ¼ teaspoon turmeric paste (more can be added for personal taste preference)
• sweeten with honey (to taste)
Combine all ingredients, except honey, in a small saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly.
When completely blended and hot (but not boiling) remove from heat and add honey to taste, stirring until dissolved.