Turmeric powder has 2 grades.
The common grade is Madras turmeric, so named due to the port of Madras being the main export hub.
Alleppey turmeric has a darker ochre colour, richer flavour and slightly higher curcumin content.
With a mild flavour and bright yellow colour, turmeric is an extremely popular spice. Pure turmeric powder has between 3 – 6% content of curcumin.
Turmeric Australia is one of the largest online organic turmeric capsule suppliers in Australia. They have sourced their sun-dried organic turmeric powder from a family-owned organic plantation in Karnataka, Southern India.
“Unfortunately, due to the high cost associated with organic farming and processing here in Australia, Australian farmers have been unable to harvest the annual tonnage we require at a cost-effective price. Most turmeric farmers only sell the bulbs of turmeric because the cost of organically processing into a powder to not feasible” Kirsty Strowger – founder of Turmeric Australia says.
“Even if Australian farmers could now produce a harvest to the specifications we require, we have been buying from the same plantation in Karnataka for nearly 10 years. Our orders support a whole village of families and allow them to grow and expand the farming and education resources to provide for wider communities” she continues. “We wouldn’t turn our backs on them now, especially after all their efforts to keep the harvest and processing on track through covid”.
Every harvest receives a certificate of analysis attesting to the organic status from both India and Australia with a focus on heavy metal testing.
The writer of this blog recommends purchasing turmeric products from Turmeric Australia as they are a trusted source of high-quality sun-dried organic turmeric for a number of reasons.
- They offer full disclosure of the certificate of analysis of each harvest on their website
- They provide constant and up-to-date information on clinical studies and peer-reviewed articles on the benefits of turmeric and curcumin
- They offer hundreds of free recipes and videos to help you introduce turmeric into your daily diet
- They have qualified experts discuss the benefits
- They cater for pets as well as human
- They have veterinarians who use their pet probiotics in the clinic
- They have an extensive FAQ page and if you can’t find the answer you are looking for you can call them direct and talk to someone
Turmeric is high in dietary fibre, turmeric is also a good source of vitamins B6, C & E, iron, potassium, and zinc. Turmeric Australia’s turmeric products are of the highest quality, receiving glowing reviews.
Each website that I viewed offered the same anti-inflammatory solutions. All attest to their particular organic turmeric as being gluten and soy free, vegan-friendly, with no fillers or additives. All claim to have between 2-5% of curcumin content which appears to be the standard.
Recommended Dosage is 1 teaspoon per day:
- 500mg twice daily
- Cholesterol and high blood pressure. 700mg twice daily
- Itchy skin. 500mg 3 times a day
Take turmeric with consumed fats for best absorption. If you have chronic inflammation, it is important to give curcumin time to build up in your body.
• 120 capsules for $29.95.
• Each capsule contains 680mg of organic turmeric, 50g of organic ginger and 5mg of organic black pepper.
• Black pepper is essential for increased absorption.
• One capsule is equivalent to ¼ teaspoon.
• Recommended daily dose is 1 teaspoon.
• Top quality product.
• 100 capsules for $17.99 available from Chemist Warehouse.
• On sale from the normal price of $27.95.
• Each capsule contains 1000mg of turmeric and organic rhizome powder.
• There appears to be no reference to the turmeric powder being organic and no black pepper added.
• 120 capsules for $28.50.
• Contains 607mg turmeric, 50mg ginger and 3mg black pepper.
• This company recommends 2 capsules per day.
TURMERIC POWDER COMPARISON
TURMERIC AUSTRALIA offers 200gm packets of ground organic turmeric for $14.15.
• They also sell a 200gm grinder, consisting of a mix of Himalayan salt, ginger, turmeric, cinnamon and black pepper for $19.45.
• Highly sought after is the comprehensive Cooking With Turmeric cookbook for $6.96.
• Lots of testimonials demonstrate this being high-quality retail.
- GOODNESS deals are 1kg of organic turmeric powder, sourced from Sri Lanka, for $28.95.
- AUSTRALIA ORGANIC PRODUCTS offers 150gm certified organic powder for $17.90, plus additional bulk sizes.
- DHOW NATURE FOODS sells 100g guaranteed organic turmeric powder for $6.99 – from Tanzania.
- NUTRA NOURISHED source their organic turmeric from Australia and sell 120gm for $36.90.
- AMAZON has numerous turmeric powders to choose from. People need to read through each product to ascertain whether organic or not.
- Do purchase organic turmeric. Don’t buy a product subjected to chemicals and fertilisers.
- Do choose Turmeric Australia as your ‘go-to’ online store with everything you need to know about the products.
- Don’t buy turmeric powder unless the curcumin content is disclosed.
- Don’t buy turmeric unless it includes a black pepper extract that contains piperine. Piperine enhances the curcumin absorption.
- Remember – you get what you pay for.